Wednesday 18 December 2013

Easy Mince pies

These are very simple and quick to make.


You will need : 225 g of cold diced butter
A jar of minced fruit - or jam depends what do you want to fill your pies with
350 g of plain flour
100 g of caster sugar - can use brown sugar instead
1 small egg - for those with allergies you can leave the egg out
some icing sugar for dusting

Mix all ingredients until you get nice smooth dough.




The dough can be used straight away or kept in the fridge. When you are ready preheat the oven at 200 degrees - gas mark 6. Roll the pastry, cut the circles out and fill pre greased tin.



Fill the pies and cover them with the rest of the dough - I also pressed a little design on the lids. I managed to make 12 plain ones and 6 alcohol ones.




Beat small egg and cover the tops of the cakes with it.


As I mentioned before I spiked the last of the mince with alcohol - I used the rum. Please make sure you can distinguish these cakes. The alcohol in the cakes with vapour once in the oven but why to risk it with the children? I put small flowers on the top so I could put these away fro the reach of children.


Bake for 20 minutes.


Dust with icing sugar if you prefer it this way. 




I got these small tea bag plates for my friends for Christmas - They sure look good !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment