Saturday 27 July 2013

Friendship group forever

Friendship is forever. That is why I did not hesitate to make this cake. Request simple - chocolate !!! 


I decided to make one large cake and several small cupcakes. Two large sponges were baked and cooled. 12 small cupcakes were made too. 


I prepared the fondant flowers first - using four different colors and white sweets -  as I wanted them to be solid by the time I did the frosting for the cupcakes. It made sense to do the frosting next  - to decorate cupcakes and to fill and cover big cake. Frosting was made of unsalted butter and icing sugar with lemon flavoring. 


Once the cupcake were frosted I placed one fondant flower in each and then put some of my friends toppers . I used letter cutter to spell "FRIENDSHIP" and put these letters on the top too.


By that time the big cake chilled in the fridge and was ready for covering. I needed 700 g of fondant icing to cover it.




Next I put the letters on "I WILL MISS MY FRIENDSHIP GROUP"  and also created the bottom border.


Lastly I covered the top and sides of the cake with fondant flowers which dried and harden already. The result is this :



No comments:

Post a Comment