Saturday 13 July 2013

Daises and posies cupcakes

I was asked to bake for a small summer party. I decided to make flower cakes . I prepared one base mix and then separated it into several flavored cakes.


It really is easier to separate different colors of cased by the flavor of your cake. I made chocolate, lemon and orange and strawberry cakes so I used appropriate colors. 


1/3 of mix was chocolate, 1/3 was lemon and orange and 1/3 was strawberry. I used coco powder and lemon and strawberry flavors but I also mixed some orange zest into the mix.

 

Bake the cakes and allow them to cool.




Prepare frosting whist cakes cooling. Mix butter with icing sugar. Separate into half.  Add vanilla to first one for chocolate cakes, add strawberry flavor and pink coloring to the other.

Make daisies and posies out of fondant icing. Use colors to make yellow, red and lilac flowers. Stuck flowers on the top of each other and place little sweet in the middle. Let them dry and harden.




Pipe chilled frosting on the cakes and apply the daisies. 











No comments:

Post a Comment