Monday 15 October 2012

Pop cakes


I was introduced to pop cakes by my friend Monika. She has done fantastic job on her ones and I wanted to try it too. Honestly, it is not a rocket science but my first lot did not work out. .. As I said before no one is perfect.

Anyway …

 
What you need is a sponge.  When Hello Kitty cake was made there was some waste creating the shape. This “waste” could be used to make pop cakes.

Take the “wasted” sponge and crumble it until completely broken. Used left over buttercream and mix it with crumbles. The mass should be pliable but fairly solid not runny. (Some people like to use jam of soft cheese, mash banana or add a drop of alcohol – obviously not for children. But it is nice to be aware of alternatives.)
 
 
Place mixture into the fridge for 10-20 minutes for icing to harden up so is it easier to create the shapes.

Cooled down mixture divide into small parts and shape as needed – the easiest shape is spherical – ball shape. I did some Hello Kitties as well. For that I made little oval shape and created little ears.
 
 

Place it back to the fridge and get your chocolate melted. Place chocolate to deeper bowl – it will help to cover pop cakes with it.

Use Pop cake sticks to poke chilled Pop cake and dip it in melted chocolate. Twirl Pop cakes so excessive chocolate drops back into the bowl. Decorate whilst chocolate still warm. It is advisable to stuck Pop cake straight way possibly in to polystyrene block. Leave it to cool down. I had some silver spray for decorating so I used it once cool.




 

Enjoy!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment