Sunday 10 March 2013

Fireman Sam


My first attempt at vehicles and figures. It had to be Fireman Sam.


I had several lesson whilst doing this cake. Do allow enough time and prepare your fondant parts in advance. I did not - so I am not exactly happy about this one but It came together at the end.

I used bread tin to bake sponges in this time. I made three chocolate ones and one banana one. 
3x (200g of caster sugar, 200g of butter, 200g - one table spoon of self rising flour , one table spoon of coco powder, 3 table spoons of water and three eggs)
and
200g of caster sugar, 200g of butter, 200g  of self rising flour, 3 table spoons of water , half banana and three eggs

for buttercream : 200 g of butter with 450 g of icing sugar with 4 table spoons of milk , 2 tea spoons of strawberry essence and pink food coloring

Cake is filled with buttercream , forest fruit and jam and then covered with btter cream.
Prepare fondant - color it red and cover the cake.

Prepare small part of fondant - grey windows, red and white bumper, side mirrors in black, blue front lights,hydrant in red, pieces of ladder, grey panels for sides of the car and Fireman Sam.
I should have allow more drying time before sticking parts on the car  - it would have look better.



I used my husband's fishing lights to bring more life to it.



Take your time and put all your bits together. Cover the rest of the board with spilled water and green . 







Pipe work will finish the job. Pipe 999 on the back of the car, Neptune on the front and 
Happy 4th Birthday on the board. 




No comments:

Post a Comment